Africa Trip - Day #12- Nov 19, 2007


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



AfricaNov2007 209bw
Blake and I

AfricaNov2007 210
Saying goodbye. Taylor, Gordon, M, Zack, Leigh-Ann, and Isaac

On the last day of our TOMS trip, we went to the Johannesburg Mayor's office to meet some children from local orphanages. I guess politics is the same everywhere. The political assistant paid some lipservice to the "great" programs that the city of Joburg was doing as a local woman scoffed behind me.

I left early and headed over to one of the HIV/AIDS orphanages for children. The kids played outside with us, but we weren't allowed in for various reasons.

Headed back to the Mayor's office. Packed up. And headed to the airport. Half the crew, including myself, were staying in Africa. I was flying to Mozambique. The others were off to Cape Town. Esther, the photographer on the trip had little desire to head back to the States, so I invited her onto Mozambique...thus begins that journey...

to be continued...

Labels: , , , ,


0 Responses to “Africa Trip - Day #12- Nov 19, 2007”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about

  • From the frontlines: Tracking the latest news, updates, and projects of Summer Rayne Oakes

E-mail me SRO News


Preview | FeedBlitz

Social Bookmarking

previous posts

archives

links


ATOM 0.3

View blog top tags View blog authority