Africa Trip - Day #1 Nov 8, 2007


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



We're overlooking the Zambezi - the fourth-largest river in Africa
and the largest one emptying into the Indian Ocean(Photo: E. Havens)

"I'm going to Africa."


"I'm going to Africa."


"I'm going to Africa."


How many times do I really have to say it to believe it. Was it really over a decade ago that I dreamed of dusty roads, sun-baked savannas, and a continent whose culture is as deep as it is diverse? I remember making all those collages at home at night on my cold bedroom floor - pasting together paper ribbon dreams of mosquito-filled deltas and sun-beaten terrain. The collage got so big, I had to tape it together and imagined it wrapping around the walls of my room. At least then I could look up at it from my bed and tell myself stories of how it will be when I get there.

I imagine myself back home on my lopsided bed, staring out my window into the blackness of the night. I open my eyes. It's black out. The only difference is, I'm on a plane.

"I'm going to Africa."

Labels: , , , ,


0 Responses to “Africa Trip - Day #1 Nov 8, 2007”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about

  • From the frontlines: Tracking the latest news, updates, and projects of Summer Rayne Oakes

E-mail me SRO News


Preview | FeedBlitz

Social Bookmarking

previous posts

archives

links


ATOM 0.3

View blog top tags View blog authority