ATTN: All Citizens of Washington State - Put Your Citizenship Where Your Actions Are


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I got back from my talk at the Green Festival in Seattle a few days ago. What a crowd! Thank you Seattle for showing your support. And thank you to all the familiar (and new) faces in the audience. We had a pretty packed house...and for my first main stage talk...it was a GREAT turn-out!

The topic was "Green Gone Wild" - how to keep the movement real and grounded [Seattle-style]. So we honed in on our inner power to GET what we want people to do...Call it...inspiration...had a great time: cracked a few jokes...cut out half of my talk because I was getting short on time and went right for the jugular: Citizenship, Power Shift, Racially-just Green Jobs, AND Direct Action!

Washington Staters: Here me out. Governor Gregoire has just passed a historic bill. The first of it's kind to tackle both CLIMATE CHANGE & GREEN JOBS! At the closing of my speech I presented a "Thank You" and "We'll be supporting you" letter. The letter is Green For All-, Cascade Climate Network-, Climate Solutions-, Apollo Alliance-approved. (Groups that have been doing a great job pushing for this legislation, by the way!) I had 300 letters and I got 300 back! I should have had triple that though, because that is how many of you turned out. So for those that want to see the letter and get involved in your community, use this as a template or Climate Solutions has an e-mail version right here.

Governor Chris Gregoire
Office of the Governor
PO Box 40002
Olympia, WA 98504-0002



Dear Governor Gregoire,

As a constituent of Washington and staunch supporter of clean energy solutions and racially-just green collar, I am writing to thank you for supporting the Washington State Climate Action and Green Jobs Bill.

This historic piece of legislation will not only help build a sustainable economy for the state of Washington, but will also serve as a model for the rest of the country. I have full faith that when the time comes to fund the green jobs training program, you will provide your support. As you already know, enacting the bill will be fundamental to building an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty and fight ever-rising green house gas emissions.



Sincerely,

YOUR NAME HERE

YOUR ADDRESS HERE

YOUR PHONE NUMBER HERE



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


0 Responses to “ATTN: All Citizens of Washington State - Put Your Citizenship Where Your Actions Are”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about

  • From the frontlines: Tracking the latest news, updates, and projects of Summer Rayne Oakes

E-mail me SRO News


Preview | FeedBlitz

Social Bookmarking

previous posts

archives

links


ATOM 0.3

View blog top tags View blog authority