Behind the Label June 2006 edition


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



BEHIND THE LABEL: The June 2006 "Water" Edition of Lucire Magazine features my April trip with my sustainable style pieces during the Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta shot by fine art yacht photographer extraordinaire, Cory Silken. I may not look really ill, but I totally got sick on Sea Diamond, which was the one I'm sitting on and looking over my shoulder. Probably took some heavy duty cleaning material to get that stuff cleaned up is all I have to say. I'm telling you. NEVER, EVER under any circumstances, even if you are soooo tired, go downstairs to take a nap and then re-emerge when the boat is still moving!
(above: image of the bed that I slept on right before I got a bit ill. Don't worry! I took my business outside, over the boat's deck)

As a side note about Antigua, the history of microclimate change there is a bit alarming. It used to have a hospitable West Indian climate with short periods of rain. However, when the intensitve sugar farming came in, it began stripping the already nutrient poor soils of its lifeblood. Unfortunately today there are no sugar cane farms left and the island is pretty much devoid of its original treecover. The climate, as a result, has changed because of the anthropogenic pressures and very little rain now makes it to the island community, making it oppressively HOT! And yes, I wore and reapplied my SPF 45 all day long, and still broke out from the sun. YIKES!


0 Responses to “Behind the Label June 2006 edition”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about

  • From the frontlines: Tracking the latest news, updates, and projects of Summer Rayne Oakes

E-mail me SRO News


Preview | FeedBlitz

Social Bookmarking

previous posts

archives

links


ATOM 0.3

View blog top tags View blog authority