Ekovaruhuset Show, Fall 2008 - Ecofashion NYC


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yep, that's me running around in my Enamore skivvies at the Fall 08 Ekovaruhuset show.

Here are some of the photos from the Ekovaruhuset Fall 2008 Show**. Johanna had the idea for me to run out in my birthday suit and have Elisa Jimenez, Project Runway gal (Season 4) and fastest fashion design maker in the world, make a garment on me in less than 3 minutes. We had some complications (as all fashion shows do) from the start. First, the security guards would not let any of the crew or talent in for 2 hours. Secondly, I had no prior practice or discussion with Elisa, so we were both prepared to wing it. I got the "O.K." on my undies from Johanna, but Elisa said they wouldn't work five minutes before the show was supposed to start! Luckily we were able to slip them off quite easily as she was putting the slip on. All done with a live studio audience of course. It was rough around the edges. WWD didn't approve, but that's O.K., b/c man Elisa whipped up that outfit pretty fast and we all had fun suspended in the complete unknown (Please don't drop my underwear, please don't drop my underwear). Three minutes is all it took. See the evolution in the video and a look at the outfit below:

.




The rest of the show was LONG! Thank goodness they had some live music and alcoholic beverages for the onlookers. But the designs were worth it. See some of my faves below.

** Ekovaruhuset is design collective of principally Swedish-based designers. They have a store at 123 Ludlow in Manhattan and also in Sweden.

From the Anya Hynynen show (part of Ekovaruhuset)
Alice down the rabbit hole and tea party? Trippy graphic black-and-whites

Stellar jacket

Slouchy dress

Very Coco Chanel

Love it. If Medusa were a fashion icon, she'd be wearing _____.

Stand on one leg! MIKA's designs for Ekovaruhuset are just so lovely. I got her elephant tee and this one is just as whimsical. Well done!






Labels: , , , , , , , ,


0 Responses to “Ekovaruhuset Show, Fall 2008 - Ecofashion NYC”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about

  • From the frontlines: Tracking the latest news, updates, and projects of Summer Rayne Oakes

E-mail me SRO News


Preview | FeedBlitz

Social Bookmarking

previous posts

archives

links


ATOM 0.3

View blog top tags View blog authority